I am very glad that we launched Of a Kind so close to Thanksgiving, because I will need ample time and reason to practice my *attitude of gratitude* (apologies to Erica who hates that term) for all of the brilliant people who have helped us get Of a Kind off of the ground. We do not take it for granted that people like Elizabeth are on our side. —claire
Claire Mazur and Erica Cerulo’s OfAKind launched today. The site sells limited edition pieces from emerging fashion designers made specifically for OfAKind. It’s a sort of a 20x200 for fashionistas designed to surface up-and-coming designers and it’s a great combination of editorial and direct retail that you don’t see a lot of lifestyle sites doing just yet—but they should. (I like John Caplan’s OpenSky for much the same reason.)
The inaugural edition is Mandy Coon’s adorable Ernie Bunny Bag.
I’m an advisor to the company and Erica and Claire were participants in Launch School 2010. I’m really looking forward to watching the company grow and develop.
Update: As reported this morning by WWD, OfAKind is also officially the first Tumblr store.
comments, reblogs & likes
- moodybites likes this
- alwaysinvogue07 likes this
- likeasketchofasmell reblogged this from spiers and added:
- designerconfetti likes this
- thingsidontunderstandand likes this
- collectiveproperty reblogged this from ofakind
- causeicraft likes this
- snacksnacks likes this
- rkb likes this
- ofakind reblogged this from spiers and added:
- ofakind likes this
- rachellehruska likes this
- anniewerner likes this
- meredithbklyn likes this
- skibinskipedia likes this
- peterfeld reblogged this from spiers
- today likes this
- spiers posted this