A Case For…Polka-Dot Dresses
Some (dreary, dreary) days call for upbeat attire, but, on those very same occassions, loud colors can feel too aggressive—like you’re the kind of person who’d say, “Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays!” And this is where the polka-dot dress comes in: It’s reminiscent of third-grade picture day without being overly chipper, and it pairs well with a chunky, cable-knit cardigan and combat boots. These five have already put me in a better mood. —erica
1) American Gold Last Tango in Paris dress: A (killer) maxi for all seasons.
2) Ali Ro polka-dot ruffle dress: The camel color is a bit unexpected—and makes that ruffle look a lot less girly.
3) L’Agence Midnight polka-dot dress: Very The Secretary, amirite?
4) Friend of Mine Sophia dress: If the lacing up the back feels like a bit too much for the office, throw a jean jacket on top and save the detail for nights.
5) Mink Pink Forget Me Dot dress: There is something oh-so-fulfilling about the Grace Kelly-esque sweetness of this sucker. Wear opaque tights and flats to compensate for the length.